Start import export business with Dubai becasue it is beneficial. Over time, Dubai became the business hub for many international trading businesses. Many companies opened their offices or manufacturing units to ease the business with other countries. Import export business in Dubai is growing, as the country itself imports and export different products, and many other international companies opened offices to deal import export business for better profit. The import export business has been around for many years.
International trade has played an important role in shaping Dubai’s economy. Stable trade relations with various countries around the world and support for open trade have made Dubai an important center for international trade. For this reason, starting an import export business with Dubai is a great business deal. You can start the trading business with any investment because there is no such thing as minimum investment in import export business it depends on your product.
Reasons to start import export business with Dubai
Here are some good reasons to start import export business with Dubai.
- Dubai is the easiest place to start a business.
- It is well connected with other countries by seaport and airport which fast and cheap import export.
- It has a good infrastructure which supports all types of businesses.
- Dubai has a strong and reliable banking system.
- Dubai is in center location of Europe, Asia, and African continents which makes it easy to trade with other countries.
- There are many free trade zones which is great for business.
- Easy to import product in Dubai and export these product to other countries from Dubai.
- Dubai is a rich country with great purchasing power.
Import Export Activity in Dubai
Dubai has a very high level of imports, it imports around 70% of the total import demand of the United Arab Emirates. The major goods imported into Dubai include food, consumer goods, cement, raw materials, and other semi finished products. Dubai is the major exporter of oil and gas products and metals. Many products that Dubai exported were previously imported from Pakistan or other countries in Asia or Africa. After importing the products in Dubai, local companies process these products, which then exported at higher prices to other countries.
Dubai may not grow many things, but it has state of the art processing units which attract most of the producers to import their produce and process it there, and after finishing, it allows the export of the product again around the world.
Dubai is an international business center and a hub for all types of exhibitions. Dubai has exhibitions, and fairs for every kind of business whether you have a small business or a multinational company, there will be a great place to exhibit the product for your business. Dubai has a great logistics services, free warehouses for businesses, free trade zones, and easy rental warehouses for companies. In short, Dubai is a great place to grow your business.
Import Regulations for Exporting to Dubai
If you want to export products to Dubai, you need to specify all the requirements and documents that you need to provide to your importer in Dubai. Some of the following import requirements do not apply to the exporter, but it is good to know what they are. Dubai charges a maximum import duty of 4% on the CIF value of products than the other United Arab Emirates. Food, medication and other important items are tax free, but tobacco and alcohol are high taxable products ranging from 25-50%.
Importers in Dubai require import license to import products, and they can only import those products which are specified in the license issued by the authorities. According to Islamic law, halal certificate and quarantine certificate from the country of origin is required to import agriculture products like meat, beef, and other poultry products.
Documents required to Export in Dubai
To do import export business with Dubai all the standard import export documents are required. If the importer presents the necessary documents, then the documents will be cleared. Following are the standard documents:
- Performa invoice
- Packing list of the goods.
- Certificate of origin.
- Other specific certificates if necessary.
- Sales purchase contract between importer and exporter.
- Specification of goods which displays manufacturer name, importer, usage, manufacturing and expiry date, and composition of the product.
- Air waybill or Sea waybill.
How to get Export Orders from Dubai
Finding customers and getting export from Dubai is not very difficult if you have proper research and willingness to get things done. There are so many ways to get the order for your export business, which we have discussed in detail in our previous articles, but we will give a brief here.
- Create a website for online presence.
- Connect with different import export groups on social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Use import export data to find regular importers.
- Visit online trading websites like Alibaba.
- Visit exhibitions and trade fairs (Global village is the great place to connect with importers in Dubai)
- Visit international and local Dubai chamber of commerce.
You can start import export business with Dubai with proper market research and good negotiation technique. Import export business is a great way to increase your business internationally and get recognition, and Dubai is a great market to start with. Starting an import export business with Dubai can be beneficial in terms of profitability and increase opportunities.